In 2023, we are closer to the second coming of Christ and end-time events than ever before. How do you prepare for these events? Where do you fit in? The answers are in the book of Revelation. We will examine Revelation 6–22 chapter by chapter, focusing on the key players: heroes, overcomers, and villains. We will also investigate the major coming events from the dispensational premillennial interpretation that has been taught in our church for the last 75 years. As a result, we will learn how to live our lives today in light of the imminent return of Christ and the accompanying end-time events.
- Sept. 10 | The Lamb, the Overcomers, & the 144,000 (Rev. 6–7)
- Sept. 17 | Abaddon/Apollyon, the Angels, & the Demonic Armies (Rev. 8-9)
- Sept. 24 | John, the Two Witnesses, & the Beast (Rev. 10–11)
- Oct. 1 | The Unholy Trinity: Satan, the Antichrist, & the False Prophet (Rev. 12–13)
- Oct. 8 | Almighty God, the Angels, & the Saints (Rev. 14–15)
- Oct. 15 | Judging the Three Babylons (Rev. 16-18)
- Oct. 22 | The King of Kings Returns (Rev. 19)
- Oct. 29 | The Millennium (Rev. 20)
- Nov. 5 | New Heaven and New Earth (Rev. 21–22)
—JOIN THE ZOOM
(Meeting ID: 870 7851 9631 | Passcode: 589246)
Dr. Jim Wicker grew up here at First Dallas. He is Professor of New Testament at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas. He was a pastor for 19 years prior to teaching at the seminary, and he did interim pastorates for another six years. He was an adjunct professor of religion at Dallas Baptist University for 24 years. He is Chairman of the Deacon Fellowship and teaches the Wicker Sunday School class at 9:15am. His wife, Dana, teaches a DU class on Spiritual Disciplines and is Professor of Psychology and Counseling and Master of Arts in Christian Counseling Director at Dallas Baptist University.