- This event has passed.
October 7, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - October 8, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$200
On October 7-8, join us for a guided hunt to the heart of West Texas. Enjoy superb accommodations and knowledgeable guides, who will do their best to provide excellent hunting.
Lodging for one night is included in the price as well as two days of hunting and two meals. We will arrive Friday afternoon, and hunt Friday evening and Saturday. The group will stay together in a lodge that sleeps 20+ in Santa Anna. This is something new this year and our hope is that it will provide incredible fellowship opportunities. For food, dinner Friday night and breakfast Saturday morning will be provided.
Details of the hunt:
When: October 7-8 (Friday Evening and Saturday Morning)
Where: Coleman, Texas
Cost: $200 p/hunter (Includes 2 days hunting and Friday night meal)
*The week of the hunt we will determine our meeting place to get waivers signed and head to the field together.
- Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Training Course. The minimum age of certification is 9 years and the cost is $15.
- If you were born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, and you are:
- under 9 years of age, you must be accompanied
- age 9 through 16, you must successfully complete a hunter education course, or you must be accompanied
- age 17 and over, you must successfully complete a hunter education course; or purchase a Hunter Education Deferral, and you must be accompanied
What to Pack:
- Your gun (Don’t forget this)
- License (migratory bird stamp is a must)/Hunter Safety Card (Game Wardens may show up. The church will not pay your fine.)
- Shotgun Shells (at least 5 boxes, maybe more depending on how good you are)
- Jeans (I wouldn’t wear shorts)
- Boots (There are snakes)
- Camo (birds get smarter after a few weeks of hunting and if you stand in the middle of the field with no camo they WILL see you)
- Ice Chest (to store birds)
- Water to clean birds
- Zip Lock Bags (these are a must)
- Surgical gloves (depends if you are a man or not. No judgment from me )
- Hand Sanitizer