- This event has passed.
Tae Kwon Do
October 27, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until December 13, 2022
We are excited to be able to offer a martial arts ministry at First Dallas by partnering with Yujin Han, a member at FBD, and the owner of Han United TKD. Our goal is to use martial arts to help every individual become all that God has created, called, and gifted them to be.
Master Yujin Han is the head of Grandmaster Han’s Tae Kwon Do World Youn Wha Ryu Association (WYWRA). He is a 6th Dan Black Belt and Master in Tae Kwon Do. He is a WYWRA Certified Instructor with over twenty years of experience teaching the martial arts. He also holds a Master of Theology (ThM) from Dallas Theological Seminary and serves as the Director of the Classical Conversations Campus at First Baptist Dallas.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Style: Grandmaster Han’s World Youn Wha Ryu Tae Kwon Do
- Biblical Worldview based on six principles: Be Patient, Be Polite, Be Alert, Be Brave, Do Your Best, Respect Yourself and Others. Throughout classes, the instructor will provide spiritual lessons using the analogy of martial arts.
- Family-Centered Training: Families are encouraged to train with their children.
- Two Types of Classes:
- Regular Classes: These classes are for everyone young and old, fit and unfit, experienced and inexperienced in the martial arts. 6:30-7:30pm
- Trainer Classes: This opportunity is only for mature teens and adults who would like to assist the main instructor in teaching the regular class. 7:35-8:15pm
HAN UNITED GUIDELINES:
- At least one parent must train with any student under twelve years old.
- All students must wear an approved martial arts uniform with the Han Symbol and the required patches properly sown onto the uniform.
- All students must complete and agree to the online sign-up. All students must complete and sign the liability waiver forms from First Baptist Dallas (available in class).
- All students must subscribe to pay monthly via Paypal for classes
- Students may only test for belt advancement if invited to do so by Master Han.
- Only mature teens and adults may be Trainers. They must also agree to certain requirements.