Suppose you were standing before God and He asked, “Why should I let you into my heaven?” What would you say? How can you know for sure that you have eternal life in heaven?
God loves you, wants to have a personal relationship with you, and wants you to spend eternity with Him. “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
He demonstrated His love for you by sending Christ to die on the cross. “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
Because of His sacrifice, eternal life is a free gift. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
But, we are all sinners. “ …for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…” Romans 3:23
We deserve God’s judgment. “…people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.” Hebrews 9:27
So… Jesus Christ died on the cross and took the punishment from God that we deserve. “God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.” 2 Corinthians 5:21
Jesus is the only way to eternal life in heaven. “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” John 14:6
You can receive Jesus Christ as your Savior. “Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12
1. Repent. Admit your sin to God and agree with Him that you need His forgiveness. “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” Acts 3:19
2. Place your faith in Jesus to forgive your sins and give you new life. Faith is believing that only Jesus’ death on the cross is sufficient to save us from God’s judgment. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8
Don’t wait to begin a relationship with Jesus.
Pray something like this:
Dear God, Thank You for loving me. I know I have failed You in many ways and am truly sorry for the sins in my life. But I believe that You sent Your Son, Jesus, to die on the cross to pay for my sins. I choose to trust in what Jesus did for me on the cross to save me from my sins. Thank You for forgiving me. Help me to follow You for the rest of my life. Amen.
Steps of Obedience
- Publicly Acknowledge Your Faith At Your Local Church
- Follow The Lord In Baptism
- Become Actively Involved In A Bible Teaching Church
God loves you.