- This event has passed.
February 18 @ 9:00 am - 12:45 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until March 4, 2023
Young athletes at all skill levels are welcome to participate in our Upward Ministry sports leagues for basketball and cheerleading. Our coaches and volunteers invest not only in helping children learn and improve their mental and physical abilities, but also guide them to grow spiritually by learning discipline, good sportsmanship, and the grace offered by God through His Son, Jesus Christ. (And of course, they’ll have fun!)
To register, please email Brent McFadden at Bmcfadden@firstdallas.org
PLAYER UNIFORM SIZING | Saturday, January 14 | 10:30AM-12PM
- Player sizing will be held in the Criswell Lobby at First Baptist Dallas. This is NOT mandatory. Only those who need to confirm their uniform size need to show up.
- Park in the Ross Garage at 1707 San Jacinto. Walk across the street and enter First Baptist Dallas under the porte co·chère. The fitting will be inside the doors.
BASKETBALL EVALUATIONS | Saturday, January 21
K5-1st Evaluation | 9-9:45AM
2nd-3rd Grade Evaluation/Coaches Draft | 10-11AM
4th-6th Grade Evaluation/Coaches Draft | 11:15AM-12:30PM
CHEER PRACTICE TIME | Saturday, January 21 | 2PM | Wicker Gym
**All Evaluations will be held in the Wicker Gym at First Baptist Dallas
- Each team will have one practice per week
- Practice will be on Saturdays, then each team will play a game following practice
- Practice times TBD
GAMES: First Game | January 28
*All games are played on Saturdays after practice
PRACTICE/GAME TIMES: *TBD
- K5-1st grade will practice/play morning
- 2nd-3rd grade will practice/play mid-morning to early afternoon
- 4th-6th grade will practice/play afternoon to mid-afternoon
END OF SEASON PARTY:
- All players and their families will be invited to attend.
- Details TBD
*All games will be held in the Wicker Gym (1935 San Jacinto Dallas, Tx. 75201)
WHERE TO PARK:
Wicker Gym Address
1935 San Jacinto
Dallas, TX 75201
*The Wicker Gym entrance is on the 6th floor of the Horner Garage on the south end. Drive up to floor seven, then take the down ramp to floor six. The entrance to the gym will be on your left.
INTERESTED IN COACHING?
Our coaches are the lifeblood of the Upward program. We are blessed to have incredible coaches who are passionate about teaching kids and sharing the gospel message.
If you are interested in joining our team, please contact Brent McFadden at Bmcfadden@firstdallas.org